Apples Galore 2016
Apples Galore – Using Apples Workshop
Sunday October 30th
10:30 – 15:30
at Ferry Meadows Discovery Den
Ham Lane, Peterborough PE2 5UU
Stamford Community Orchard Group and The Green Backyard are running a whole day drop-in free event on processing and preserving apples and other tree fruit. So if you have any fruit trees come and learn how to process and preserve the fruit as juice, cider, vinegar, wine, chutney etc. There will be samples to taste and a chance to start preserving your own fruit using our processing and preserving equipment.
Participants can bring apples and containers. The whole day is a drop-in free event, but you could offer a donation to the Green Backyard and SCOG.
11:00 to 12:00 Morning session
14:00 to 15:00 Afternoon session
- Preserving apples for food and drink
- Some of the principles and science
- Drying and concentrating apples
- Dried fruit, Butter, Leathers
- Using a steam juicer with a range of tree fruit
- Making apple juice using hand-powered scratter
- Pasteurising apple juice
- Making cider and cider vinegar
- Learn some great apple recipes
- Join us at any time of the day to make juice using our scratters and presses, but bring your own apples and sealable containers to take the juice home.
- Learn how SCOG’s Apple Processing Kit can be loaned.